All 16 art Reviews

Kid and his friend Kid and his friend

It is criminal that this is not on the frontpage.

Creature n°4 - Varied Creature n°4 - Varied

Seriously.

Cyberpunk City/The Chase Cyberpunk City/The Chase

As a concept piece this is awesome, but you can avoid the criticisms like the one from Jazza by clearly labeling matte-work. You would be surprised at the amount of audience members who will navigate away if they feel that shortcuts were used; but matte-painting is heavily technical based and when labelled as such it is more often viewed for its technical appreciation, rather than artistic merit.

YakovlevArt responds:

Yeah I understand what you mean. But I consider that most people that are going to see this from all over the internet, will not be so critical to know. I really wasn't just going for a matte-painting. I was influenced by the use of textures in a concept art. Not necessarily a matte-painting.

And if people look at concept work negativity knowing they used shortcuts they don't know concept art. haha.

Overhead Overhead

I'm a big fan of your work, seriously this is something that has me wondering 'how the ****?!'

YakovlevArt responds:

Thanks a lot!
This was initially a concept piece for a world I created. Think of Kowloon City stacked on top of it's self endlessly.

demon hat 2 demon hat 2

Winner is you.

Leaving Without Leaving Without

Awesome work, just one tiny criticism about the size of the people on the foreground in relation to the dimensions of the perspective.

But you rock.

Assault Unit Assault Unit

It is disgusting how much I like this.

Sharkcarrier Sharkcarrier

So good!

KarylAnne responds:

Thank you!

Moon Bug Moon Bug

Awesome tone and perspective.